- Job Title:Technical Writer
- Job Code:ATS-13
- Date posted:14th August 2014
- Location: Kochi, India.
- Status: Closed
eJyothi Services is hiring Technical Writers to provide support to its US client Ascella Technologies, Inc. (www.ascellatech.com) in technical writing required for its business development, proposal development, and project management and delivery activities. The candidate is expected to prepare a variety of documents, including marketing and presentation materials such as brochures and capability statements, proposals, progress reports, user guides, technical manuals, white papers, procedures, instruction manuals and so on. The candidates will have to work with our client’s technical teams and subject matter experts. The candidate should possess clear and logical thinking, and the ability to acquire, synthesize, and present technical information that meets customer needs. The candidate must have strong verbal and written English language skills. The candidate should be a self-starter and good team player. Candidates with experience in US federal proposal activities are preferred.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Research and translate technical information into user-oriented information for non-technical and technical audiences;
- Research, interview subject matter experts, program managers and other technical personnel, and gather technical, functional, methodology, and/or business information for use in proposal development activities;
- Outline, write, and edit proposal sections, especially highly structured sections (e.g., corporate experience, past experience, past performance, resumes, acronym lists), interfacing with proposal managers, senior managers, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Organize material and write compliant and responsive content according to proposal requirements;
- Participate in solution and strategy discussions for technical understanding during proposal development and ensure technical proposal content is accurate, complete, meets government specifications and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style;
- Work closely with software developers and testers to obtain source information from project documentation and through direct interviews;
- Write, edit and update technical software documentation to produce concise, accurate and quality manuals;
- Work with solution architects to write technical, management, and phase-in solutions;
- Contribute to delivery of documentation activities throughout the duration of each project;
- Support development of technical and management white papers;
- Write/Edit organizational processes, procedures and guidelines as part of any quality management system (example CMMI) compliance;
- Establish, maintain and follow standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology;
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions; and
- Proof read, edit and standardize documents written by others.
Experience : Minimum 3 years
- Skilled at acquiring, synthesizing, organizing, and presenting technical information into clear written documentation; articulating complex concepts and processes in writing;
- Proven ability to effectively research subject matter;
- Experience working in a collaborative environment; ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written language communication skills;
- Attention to detail along with an ability to be consistent in formatting and language; should be a stickler when it comes to grammar, usage, and punctuation;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office; and
- Aptitude for understanding technological context quickly; Organized and open to learn new skills.